Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Jobless with a BFA


So, I grew up thinking, 'hey, if you go to school and get good grades you'll get a job.' I'm finding out that, 'hey, you went to school for five years, for nothing.' How come I can't find a job? Why do I have this BFA degree hanging from my head, yet, there aren't any jobs available, or I am somehow not qualified, or over qualified for a fucking job? I mean, I also grew up with the bullshit slogan of, 'you can be whatever you want to be, as long as you put your mind to it.' Well, you know what, World? I fucking did that, I put my mind to it, as well as $100,000 of my parents money, 5 years of my life, and I'm still not where or what I want to be in life. So, who do I go to in order to make my complaint? I guess, I just have to sit here and deal with it. Fuck this.

On a more optimistic note, maybe I can't get a job with a designer or company. Maybe I will just have to do it on my own. Andrea Racey is coming out here in a week. I'm hoping she will be shipping her industrial sewing machine. I want to start a project with her. We'll make clothes and sell them on consigment to boutiques. I think that sounds like a plan.

No comments: